PVA & VAE Adhesives
VAE Adhesives offer the following advantages versus PVA adhesives
.VAE provide better bonds to difficult surfaces such as varnished and laminated papers/boards
• Jet much more cleanly through modern glue applications systems – which is very important for high-speed production of folding cartons and corrugated cases
• VAE’s provide a higher initial tack which is important in all high-speed applications, particularly where there is limited compression time
• Have a more flexible final glue film providing improved performance at low temperature. This makes them particularly suitable for manufacturing paper/cardboard deep freeze packaging for the food industry.
PVA Adhesives offer the following advantages versus VAE adhesives
• PVA adhesives have a tougher final glue film making them particularly suitable for applications where creep resistance is required. Particularly suitable for bonding wood/MDF/chipboard and particle board.
• Specialised PVA glue products provide good water resistance to standard D3 EN204 and D4 EN204
• Are seen as easier to clean from machinery
• PVA if often lower in cost.
Is commercial PVA glue strong?
Due to the strengths of PVA glue, it’s often the preferred adhesive for wood joining and furniture building. Due to the ease of application, it also benefits furniture manufacturers with its strong adhesive properties. Stronger commercial PVA adhesives can be as strong as 4000 PSI.
PVA & VAE Applications
Paper & Board Applications
Paper & Board Lamination
View our other products
Ace Adhesives a committed UK adhesive supplier and manufacturer
Our continued commitment to our clients in supplying and creating commercial adhesives has led to our outstanding reputation as industrial glue suppliers. Our dedicated technical support team provides laboratory adhesive testing and supports clients with practical advice on supporting machinery and equipment. You can learn more about us here